Thread: Net wire
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
I'd love to turn one or two small goats loose in my little urban woods but I think the zoning ordinance would prevent it. The fence thing is a little much too.

Maybe one day.

Yep, that's probably about item number 4,634 on my list of reasons NOT to live in the city. I don't want goats, but I want the freedom to do as I please within the law on my place.

My neighbor had a Swiss Goat named Dolly when I first bought our place 25 years ago. She was as good a pet as any dog I ever saw. He has a bunch of really nice trees around a large pond near my South fence. Dolly kept the low hanging branches eaten off and it always made the area look really immaculate.

This guy takes incredibly great care of his place and goes out and trims all these trees up himself since Dolly died. He said he knew he would never have another Goat that would be such a great pet and share the pastures so well with his cattle so he does the work himself.

Unfortunately the Keystone XL pipeline will take out that pond and many of those trees. It will also take over 180 trees on my place including two Burr Oaks that are about 150 to 200 years old.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution