View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
dieselarchitect

Dodge mini van rant

I volunteered to do some parts changing on my lovely daughter #2's dodge mini van with v6. An o2 sensor, a EGR valve, spark plugs and an oil change. How hard can it be?

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

The EGR is right up front and you can unhook the pipe easily and unplug the wires easy as pie. The two bolts that hold it to the engine though.....the top one is difficult to reach but you can finally get it with a struggle. The lower bolt is not visible and you cannot get a socket on it or hardly a wrench. I struggled with it for a half hour and finally took a BFH and knocked it off leaving half the aluminum tab with the bolts and they came off easily.

NOw I am trying to install the new part and cannot get a socket on the lower bolt. I am going to go buy a set of new 1/4" drive metric sockets so I can have the 10mm which is missing from my current array.

The o2 sensor and the rear spark plugs look to be accessible from below so I may take it to my Indie's to get those done.

I hate working on US built cars. They only seem to care about building it....SCREW the poor sucker trying to maintain it.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.