View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Wyatt View Post
What am I making up?

I do have to pay to dispose of filters and fluids, you don't want to know how much it costs when there is cross-contamination.

I have never seen anyone use a trash bag to collect waste fluids from a car, logic dictates that most people would use the trash bag to dispose of the old filters. Fluids are caught in a approved container, and most folks should be aware that they are sniffed prior to letting you dump them. That is so you don't contaminate the oil with coolant or vice versa. No business is going to let anyone waltz in with a trash bag full of who knows what and let them simply dump it in the waste container.

It's a dirty little secret everyone is guilty of, don't try to fool people by claiming that you would take two gallons(in this case) of used oil to Wal Mart in a trash bag for disposal.

Did I say you were going to dump the oil in a lake? That's called projection.

After reading your posts and considering your potty mouth and insults, I can see why most professionals have quit making posts on this forum. Arthur Dalton comes to mind.

Why bother, all I'm trying to do is point out my side of the business. If you have to resort to insults and name calling over the facts I have presented, then I can only assume that there must be a guilty conscience there somewhere.
You are the one that first started calling people names on this thread; even calling OP's car an old clunker and then your complete arrogance of "I own a shop and a parts store. What do you do for a living?" S(Rew that. How about treating this like a DIY forum and offer some real advice on how to care for a car without all that judgement BS and without taking it to a shop. You first.

Walmart took the coolant as well as the oil every time that I took it there. They handed me a book to fill out each time. But no I didn't just take a bag of oil or coolant in there and dump it; I had the bag in a 5 gal Home Depot bucket and they took it and dumped it. And they knew exactly what it was because I ask them if they would take it before I ever got it out of my car the first time.

And it is not just any trash bag it is a contractor trash bag and more specifically a 42 gal 3mil Huskey contractor trash bag. This has been the best receptacle for fluid changes yet. You can roll the bag down and move it in place to catch the liquid then roll it back up and secure it. The best use is during the trans fluid and filter job. You can take the pan off, replace the filter and catch every drop with correct positioning. Not bad for only one tire off the ground and rolling around under the w124.

Call me wrong but OP's cars are eerily similar when it comes to the engine - KE jetronic and I believe if he wanted to adjust the fuel mixture in both it would be the same procedure:

MODEL... YEARS ......CHASSIS.. ENGINE ......TRANSMISSION ...STEERING
300CE.... 1990-92 ....124.051 ..104.980 KE ....717.4/722.3 ....LSH068/C068
420SEL... 1985-6/91.. 126.035 ..116.965 KE ...722.351 ..........765.706