View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 01:24 PM
10mm MW

OM616 in a 190e Chassis

I have put about 800 miles on the car and I really am going to enjoy the combination. The turbo totally changes the character of the engine. The IP is still set the way I had it prior to the turbo and it is amazing what a little boost can do. I have not decided if I am going to tweak the Governor for the turbo, or just go to the 10mm pump. It’s really cold here now, and the thought of tinkering around on a car is not appealing.

The GT2056V turbo is perfect for the OM616. I actually am not using the actuator, and have the vanes set to one spot, boost comes on quick, smooth, and with stays with 15 to 20 lbs at the current fueling settings. I do not have the EMP gauge hooked up yet to know how efficient the set up really is, that is on the list of details.

The suspension bushings are shot and the car is scary at 70 mph so that is the next money pit I need to fill.

I will do the Prechambers when I do the pump and injectors, also have to change the cam to the up rated one, (mine has a couple of bad lobes), and replace the valve seals.

The starter is proving to be up to the challenge of winter, it spins the engine over just as fast as the stock one.

I was making a mount for the oil cooler and saw that the turbo feed line fitting is leaking slightly, so I will have to pull off the intake to get at it, the fitting combination was not perfect, so I will make one.

Still need to mount the intercooler radiator and pump, finish the exhaust, make gauge holders for the other gauges, and get the code to activate the radio.

I have a shop with a hoist that I can use, but I try to save my credits for times that I really need a hoist, so I will work on moding more 10mm elements and finishing the IP cal machine. (I have not forgotten our arrangement, so I will be taking care of that as I go).

I was thinking that there could be a 240D N/A section to condense the information for the N/A mods, and then a separate section for the 240D trubo, that way the info will apply to the title, so someone doing research on N/A can find what they want without it being broken up with turbo posts. Just a thought I had.

Last edited by OM616; 12-10-2011 at 05:49 PM.