View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 04:10 PM

OK. I changed the air cleaner and cleaned up some hoses and tubes. Can't find a banjo bolt in back of the engine. I did remove and clean all electrical connectors that looked like they had anything to do with the fuel delivery or pressure sensing tasks. Fixed a lopsided seal on the turbo elbow, the side leading into the air cleaner housing. Turbo's good, smooth, no play in any direction. The popping sensation I think I was feeling may have been the exhaust system, all the rubber support things but one are broken. I'm guessing it's vibrating against the car under certain circumstances. Took the old thing out for a spin and the power seems to be back to it's neck-snapping, ground-shaking original level :-). I have a feeling this car is going to need and require sort of constant attention unless I decide to restore it completely. I'm much more inclined to sell this one and search around for a cherry 83 ~ 85 w/less than say 100K. This one's allright but I'm really needing a "regular" car that doesn't need so much attention. Thanks you for all your help. I do like working on these cars, I like the diesel. Seems that it will be a lot simpler to fix after I understand it a little better.