View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 AM

Where are the climate control bulbs?

Two separate questions.........

(I found the answer after I posted this to the 1st question, but not to question #2. The answer to this first question is posted below as a reply to this post)..............

Question 1 (now answered below) On my W124, the lights for the headrest, warning lights are fine, but they went out on the a/c and fan control area.

I took out the wood, etc., and have that whole assembly piece loose, though I can't figure out how to get the modules for the 2 electric wires off to make it come out completely. But I don't see any bulbs on that assembly piece (the ac buttons are at the bottom of that assembly), and there's no light strand as there is on a W126, so ...where is the source of light for the buttons? I ordered new bulbs for it, and the parts place sent me 6 tiny bulbs, so they must go somewhere.

Question 2: Where are the light bulbs for the line of switches that include the headrest button, the emergency blinker switch, etc.? It seems like those switches would come out and perhaps have their own bulbs within the switches, but I can't tell, since I can't get the switches out. I've just replaced the light bulbs for the climate control, and they're nice and bright now, but the headrest button, emergency blinker switch, etc., are still old and dim.

Thanks,

jeff 1991 300d, 166k

Last edited by jbach36; 12-18-2011 at 10:47 AM.