View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Unwired Tool Servo Upgrade Price?

Anybody happen to know why Unwired Tool has to charge $700 for their servo upgrade, considering that the parts in that kit cost less than -- and probably much less than -- $100?

Seems to me if UT reduced the price to, say, $300 or even $400, they would be selling far more units, since all the people who are now buying used or rebuilt servos would switch to the UT upgrade, and this would probably lower UT's parts' cost even more.

In addition, UT would be doing a lot of vintage MB owners a big favor by allowing them to eliminate one of the main problems that many of these cars have. However, since many companies nowadays consider their mission just profits, rather than benefiting people, I don't suppose that UT would even consider doing this.

So, I guess many vintage MB owners will just have to keep buying used and rebuilt units -- unless or until some Chinese company knocks the UT off, or some inventor decides to solve the problem some other way. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to say la vie, and leave it at that.