View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Be careful here as there are other possibilities. How long has this issue been there in miles? If the noise gets worse or is getting worse do not use the engine or I would not.

The number one rod bearing may be badly worn but has not turned yet. Could be an easy fix at this point. The chances of that condition existing in my opinion are good enough to consider it as a possibility. I estimate that 90 percent of rod bearing failures and the heaviest wear on bearings on the 616 engines occur on the first cylinder.

Sure pull the injector as it has been out reciently anyways and visually check that prechamber. If it does not turn out to be the issue get back and suggestions will be made by a few members..

I am not quite certain how you where able to determine it is not a mechanical issue at this point. When the number one cylinder is involved with knocking noises is both not unusual and consitantly a potential possible issue on the 616 engines.

Then again it may just be a prechamber or first cylinders injection pump element out of sequential timing. The only thing that I am certain of in what you describe. Do not ignore the potential of what that bearing could result in if it is the issue and you continue to drive on it. Plastigauge is your friend. .

Last edited by barry123400; 12-23-2011 at 01:36 PM.