View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 11:54 AM

Location: Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana about 30 miles north of downtown Indianapolis
We did, we left this AM for our Daughter's home across the lake, Morse Reservior. We took "Butter Cup", our lovely 83 240D with the 617Turbo 4 speed. Kept the road speed low, maybe 55 for a mile, rest of it at a comfortable 35/40. We went around the north side of the lake on the return trip. It is a beautiful day in central Indiana, no snow, green grass everywhere with an expected high temperature today of 44 F. Lack of snow made it difficult for Santa Claus and we saw him heading north, with empty sleigh.. The reindeer were tired and crossing Bear Slide Golf Course, Santa had to get out and push for a little ways. I think they were crossing a sand trap. Well, I didn't check our mileage, probably in the range of 30 miles and I am sure I did it on one gallon of fuel. A little noisy with a high engine load at low speed and much more noticeable with two people in the car. Above 55 mph it is so sweet. I still have to work on it to get that sweetness down to 35 mph in 4th gear. The transmission shifts like it is full of very liquid honey now that I have changed it to Mercon Dextron. Mobil One 10 - 40 did not work at all in that transmission. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1983 Mercedes W123 240D 4 Speed 285,000 on the road with a 617 turbo, beautiful butter yellow, license plate # 83 240D INDIANA

2003 Jaguar Type X, AWD. beautiful, good mileage,
Mom's car, but I won't let her drive it!