View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:55 PM

Hello!

Photo here http://home.online.no/~egiovers/2011-12-26%2021.19.54.jpg

Seems like my engine has not 'MAF. Also this link: PointedThree - Smoking diesel
in the post by AlanMcR says this about the system: " the OM606.962 (in the E-class). This has a MAF plugged into the air stream right after the air cleaner. The only purpose of the MAF is to verify that the EGR is working. When the EGR opens the MAF reading verifies that the flow through the air filter is appropriately reduced. On the OM606.964 (in the G-class) and OM606.961 (in the S-class) the EGR is monitored by a valve lift sensor. That is the wire you spotted coming out of the EGR. On the G, the ECU knows that the valve opened, but doesn't know if any gasses are flowing through it. (Lots of people realized this and plugged the pipe, hence the fix on the E-class).
Note that your G will go into limp mode if the EGR sensor or vacuum hose is unplugged. In my case the EGR sensor failed. Since this is a non-USA part, I was motivated me to build a circuit that mimics the EGR sensor. You might want to unplug the sensor just to have a feel for how weak limp mode is. It will go back to normal after the sensor is plugged back in and the engine is restarted (some causes of limp mode may take a few restarts). "

So it seems like the 964 and 961 is similar, and probably i can blank off the EGR.

Here is a photo of the EGR:
http://home.online.no/~egiovers/2011-12-26%2022.07.30.jpg
There are two vacum hoses, the brightest one going in to the egr vacum valve i think is for opening the valve (the black behind is the MAP sensor)

There is also a sensor upstream just before the egr, what could be the service of this one?

Seems like my system is more simple than on the 962 engine.

Regards
Odd
Attached Thumbnails
got it this time - egr bypass 606 turbo-2011-12-26-22.07.30.jpg   got it this time - egr bypass 606 turbo-2011-12-26-21.19.54.jpg  

Last edited by whunter; 03-22-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Attached picture