View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 12:43 PM
Razorback Soccer Dad
The stalling appears to be a fuel related problem, but I can't tell you where to begin...I'm not an expert on fuel issues..

The OVP could be on it's way out, and one of the symptoms is stalling when slowing down, cornering, etc. As it worsens, it's difficult to start a warm engine.

Your indicator light problem is a loose metal rail in the right taillamp housing. The metal rail houses the bulb sockets and has loosened enough to lose ground contact, causing the bulb failure light to come on.

Remove the housing and press firmly against the metal rail near where the turn signal bulb resides (with headlights on), and turn the signal on to see if the indicator light disappears from the dash.

Also, make sure your replacement bulbs are of the correct wattage (10 and 21W bulbs only). The correct one for each socket is embossed on the taillight housing plastic. Make sure you stay with Philips, Sylvania or OSRAM bulbs with the nickel-plated holders. The cadmium-plated GM-type bulbs will give false readings to the bulb failure system because it presents differing resistance values...
2009 ML350 (84K) - Family vehicle
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet (71K) - Wife's car
2005 BMW 645CI (124K) - My daily driver
2012 Mustang V6 (60K) - Daughter's car