View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:00 PM

By the way I separated this because it might be important. The reason the compression reading might be higher cold than after a start up and recheck hot. That oil coming down the intake runner tube may have accumulated over the time sitting raising the compression by decreasing the volume of the cylinder. Or even just sealing the rings better.

After the engine has run and cleared the cylinder and rings of it the compression would be lower. Possibly just the rings are not coated with the draining down oil. There has not been enough time for the turbo leakage to accumulate in the cylinder again. Just a speculation though.

Another simpler test may be to remove the turbo connecting tube. Start the engine several times with a decent period between start ups. Will the engine now still start on all cylinders? Still running for the ten seconds? This I would do prior to the running pressure gauge test anyways. This cylinder may not really have enough compression once the drain down oil effect has stopped to run.

I almost feel like I am out on a limb with a grasp on the branch and the other hand has a saw in it. Your difficulty might ultimatly indicate a preventative check on the three point fives. Most the reported issues have been towards the front of the engine with the number two cylinder involved.

It has always bothered me that the europeans have always said it is not a problem over there. I assume the european models have a turbo as well. I now wonder if it is by the same manufacturer.

Well it is a little early for this type of speculation until your issue is conclusivly identified. Over the long haul your problem may have helped many. Time will tell.

Last edited by barry123400; 01-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.