View Single Post
Old 09-25-2000, 02:04 AM

Hi,

I am going to be getting new tires for my 92 300CE, which has 16" wheels.

I was talking to a friend of mine who has a fully decked out Stillen 300ZX Twin Turbo, who has the Dunlop SP8000's on his car.

He told me that he has had to have two of them replaced after only a few thousand miles due to them getting "Out of Round".

He Recommended to me to get Yokohama AVS Tires instead.

I Don't mind spending a little extra cash for tires, so I'm not worried about an increase in price for the yoko's over the dunlops.

So My main question is, How good are the Dunlops, and Do you recommend I put them on my car?

I'm not an agressive driver, and I rarely go Racing around, but I do enjoy letting the car open up from time to time. I Don't really go into curvy roads at very high speeds either, and am usually travelling at the flow of traffic (usually about 35-55 mph on city streets, 65-85 on the freeways - though it all depends on traffic too....).

I'm really looking for a tire that will give a smooth ride, good handling, good traction wet and dry, have a good milage rating, and I dont need em to work in the snow as I live in Sunny Los Angeles.

So which tires would be the right tires to get based on my above requirements. I'm going to get them in p225/50/16's as thats what Beverly Hills Ltd. Mercedes Dealer, friends, and local Tire store recommend.

Thanks for the info, I am probably getting the tires on tuesday, so any responses on this before then are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alon
1992 300CE