View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 PM

Hi

My name is Israel from Kenya, and all I can say is that you are God-sent. I am new to this site and am about to be a first-time Mercedes owner. I need help. Am in the process of acquiring a 1994 W124 E200. I fell in love with the w124s. I think they're awesome. Here's my problem. I want to install a great sound system in the car. I need to install a head unit, component speakers, a sub and amps. I came across a forum in which guys have installed aftermarket sound systems in a 124. I need information on the challenges likely to be faced. My greatest concern is speaker positions. I have a feeling that speakers might not fit readily into a 124 especially in the doors. Plus, I saw that putting a sub in the trunk is a challenge, something to do with gas tank location. Please help me by shinning some light and how to go about it. I am planning on installing Boston Acoustics Component speakers on the front doors, coaxials on the rear doors, another pair on the dash, and a sub somewhere . I want to fit a Sony DSX-S200 Digital media receiver for the head unit, will it fit? I have absolutely no idea of the speaker sizes to fit. Please recommend speaker sizes for me for both front and rear. And how about on the dash and rear panel? I intend on using a Jbl Ms-8 for sound processing and probably a Jl amp. And where can I place the sub? Kindly help. Thanks.

Israel