View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus View Post
As we discussed in a recent thread, I will sometimes splurge on stuff from the Snap On man. I've noticed that he charges me the same prices given on the Snap On website. Is that what real mechanics pay? I'm a small customer and he's a really helpful guy, so I have no intention of dickering with him. His tools and advice are well worth the price for me. I was just wondering whether the pros get a discount.

Snap On prices are in the stratosphere, but they always have been. In the early seventies I bought a good bit of Snap On tools at probably the same prices adjusted for inflation.

The problem I have with Snap On today is the fact that they no longer honor the warranty that they expressed when I bought them almost forty years ago. For this reason I no longer buy Snap On. Of course, since I've had about 50 years to collect tools, I rarely ever buy ANY tools anymore.

The fact remains that they make the best tools money can buy IMHO.

Unless there has been some radical change in their business philosophy beyond decreasing their warranty effectiveness, they will NOT dicker!

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution