View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 11:39 PM

Global warming is no joke. Environmental problems are like smoking cigarettes. You wont experience the adverse effects immediately but after time you are bound to face the bleak deadly side effects. Global Warming has been increasing about 2-3 degrees in the past century. But, don't let that diminutive value fool you. 2-3 degrees is not really a big deal for even glacier's melting but the biggest peril caused by global warming is increasing the temperatures of the ocean.

CO2 is only slightly soluble in water, increase the temperature of water and the CO2 will bubble out. Once CO2 bubbles out, that means less CO2 available for plants, thus less photosynthesis which will make less oxygen. Killing all underwater animals and plants immediately.!! Okay, we have a sea of dead fish, that is only the good part. The massive amounts of CO2 that will bubble out is poisenous. This scenario happened to a city in africa in which the local lake became too hot, CO2 bubbled out forming a cloud of death and since it was more dense than air it just hovered on the ground killing about a thousand people. .

I am a republican and Environmental problems should not be made a party debate for the sake of mankind. Global warming is facilitated by burning of fossil fuels, plain and simple. Any denial is akin to the tobacco industry saying nicotine is not addictive. (Don't get too used to those fuels, either. They will be depleted in about 50 years.) So next time you see those monstrosity of automotive design Ford Excursion or the civilian humvee with one person inside, they're accelerating our unavoidable destruction of man kind. Why do I say unavoidable, because our country as a whole will never adopt a way of life that rids itself of consumerism, excess and basically ease of life. By the way, I agree with the rest of the list.