View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:04 AM

Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
I have tried to remove the tumbler from a switch I have as a spare, with the same results. I have both a tumbler unit out of the body so I can see where the wire tool (I am using an Allen wrench) goes in, and can see the bar moving in that would allow the collar to turn.

However, when I try it on the complete switch, I can't get the collar to turn. I can tell I have it in the right spot because the tool goes in just a little further than even 2 degrees of rotation either way. I also can't turn the key with it like this.

I also have an '81 300SD that the ignition switch is stuck just between the position that the key is inserted, and the first position (ign on). The car is drivable (steering unlocked) by jumping the starter. However, there is no brake lights or glow system. I know I need to at least get it in the no. 1 position to remove the tumbler, but I wanted to practice first with the parts I have to make sure I can do it when I get the switch in the car in the right place. I am at my wits end! I have viewed all the photos on Diesel Giant, but still can't get it to work.. HELP PLEASE!!
If it is W123 or W126?
The pin diameter is critical to fully disengaging the locking button.
Until the button fully retracts, there is no possibility of unscrewing the sleeve.