View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Thumbs up

I lost my position in mid 2003 ( okay I did not lose my job but when I went there someone else was doing it) I started a company with a friend and by 2006 they had cleaned out our accounts and disappeared. I started another company with another friend and he disappeared 1 year later. So after spending my retirement money trying to live on and keep my home. While all this was going on my wife was completing her degree in nursing ( while still working her job of 23 years with an airline) Through all this I did more and more of my own maintenance ( I had gotten out of that habit somewhat when I was working a lot) During this time period I made a few late mortgage payments but kept them up. The lender sent a letter stating that if I was having trouble making my payments I should contact them and see what we could work out. What a load !
I tried for almost 5 years as we slowly increased our income they kept losing paperwork etc. They finally foreclosed in January of 2011, apparently in the state of Virginia it is extremely easy for a lender to foreclose without so much as an appearance before a judge. So for the last 12 months we have spent almost $20,000. on an attorney to fight the foreclosure. Anyway through it all I have a few bits of sunshine:
1. My wife's work ethic
2. My kids are fantastic , no problems & straight A's
3. I can work on the benz with help when needed from this site and have not been let down
4. My extended family
Thats my rant now I need to go bleed the brakes on the 85
03 Suburban Z71 200K
85 300SD 217k From Original Owner ( Dad )