View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Sing Blue Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRider View Post
Yeah, definately not my favorite subject. Laid-off 2 years ago. 150 year old company I had been with for 10 years closed its doors. I can tell you with all certainty that you don't want to be over 50 and looking for work.

I had a very nice 560SL that was a casualty of my unemployment. I had a company car which of course is gone. I've been driving my daughter's car, but she is now back at her home in Iowa. I really don't need all the crap with my 350SD, but at least when it's done I'll sell off the extra parts.
It's truly sad that many of the manufactures in the NW hills have been going under for some time now. I know of one old mill to the south of you that has been converted into condominiums and another factory down the street from that which is almost completely empty. Truly a sad set of circumstances.

I was unemployed when my radiator blew a few years back. I spaced the unemployment checks out as best as possible. Resumes went out everyday and I did a few walk ins as well. Just trying to keep sane during that period of time was the biggest challenge of all.

Fulcrum525 Invades Litchfield County.

Thankfully employment has been steady for me ever since.

The only advice that I can give to anyone out of work is to not give up searching. On the slightly brighter side of things I read in the Courant the other day that the unemployment in CT has been falling for about 4 straight months now. (At least that's a step in the right direction)

"The thing is Bob, its not that I'm lazy...its that I just don't care."