View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
I've spent quite a bit of time with the ride height of the W126. The approach that I took with the SD differed from the approach with the SDL.

To get the ride height back to perfection with the SDL required a set of new springs. However, after purchasing the stock springs, I find that the vehicle still sat low in the rear with any load whatsoever in fuel or in baggage. To get the proper height required some custom springs with an additional 5/8" length. The vehicle now sits a tad high in the rear with no weight. I might lower it slightly with thinner pads.

The SD was quite successful by using the stock springs. The diff mount was replaced and the spring pads were replaced to the maximum thickness three nub pads. The main success on the SD was accomplished by replacing the front spring pads with the very thinnest possible one nub pads. This cured the high front end look and simultaneously raised the rear slightly. The vehicle sits perfectly now...........just slightly high in the rear with no weight and dead level with full fuel and about 50 lb. in the trunk.

So, before you waste a bunch of money on springs, determine if a change of pads and the replacement of the diff mount will cure your problem.
Brain
thanks for the information, the diff mount has been replaced. no noticeable difference. very interesting about the pads, i will give it a try. Should i go with the HD Shocks on the front and rear or just rear? what about the koni shocks?