View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:24 PM

89 300TD tach help

Hello,

I recently replaced/modified the blower-motors/heating system on a Japanese import 300TD. After reinstalling the dash including instrument panel, the tach does not work. It did work before.

I have a wiring diagram that shows there is a constant power wire and a signal wire coming from the fuel pump relay. There seems to be no signal from the relay wire. Ive traced the wire back to the fuse/relay box. It seems that it does not go into the box, but a junction plug and then off into an engine bay wiring harness from there. Does any body know where the fuel pump relay is? I also have a 93 TE parts car. Does any one know if a gasser relay is the same?

An additional piece of information that may be useful to solving this puzzle is that I turned the engine over to see if it would start while I had the dash and heating stuff out of the car. It started and the contiued to run for several seconds when I turned the key off. Could this have messed up the fuel relay?

Thanks,
Jay

Oops, I just realized I posted in the wrong forum...I'll post in general diesel forum, sorry.

Last edited by jaybird24; 02-18-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: wrong forum