View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:32 AM
ROLLGUY

Good advice on the injection line retainers. I had to replace 2 of them (injection lines) on my 2.2 when some of the plastic retainers broke. Do yourself a favor and do an EGR delete. Also, adding a simple water injection system will bring the combustion chambers and compression back to life. The N/A engines are easy to do, as there is no need for a high pressure pump or special nozzles. I just used a cheap patio mister kit and placed 4 (in your case it would be 5) of the nozzles inside the air box facing the intake runners. A simple switch on the throttle linkage turned on a second washer pump in the windshield washer tank, misting water into the air stream going into the intake. The benefits of WI are worth every penny spent on parts and water (distilled or R/O). It will clean out all the carbon and reverse the coking effects from the EGR and the use of WVO. The head gasket blew on my 2.2 a few months after installing my WI system, and the pistons and combustion chambers were cleaner than some gas engines that I have torn down.