View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Posts: n/a
Having worked on steering & suspension for many years I believe the taper on these items is called a "morris taper." The morris taper is a self locking union. I was always instructed not to lube the taper. The morris taper was a safe guard incase the castle nut or nylock nut should come off the joint would stay together. I have not ever seen this in print but was always instructed this way.
Reply With Quote