View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeko-chan View Post
Went around looking for more price quotes. Went over to Abra Body and Glass today to get a quote on replacing my rear windshield seal. They quoted me at $300 Labor, new seal, new chrome trim. They said I'm free to supply my own parts, which'll knock down the price. But geez, are they paying dealer prices for those parts?! Oy! No reason for it to be $300! At that price I may as well just fork out the extra $150 and get new glass too!

I had a problem with the trunk getting damp on the left side and noticed moisture inside along the bottom edge of the glass.
removed the window, found some rust, cleaned it up and treated it with POR etc...

I picked up the gasket from my Indy, had the glass all cleaned and ready for the install. called a local Mobile glass installer (won`t use him again) and he installed it here at the house.
I asked him why he didn`t use any sealer, and he said MB doesn`t use a sealer. HMMMM.... well I removed it because of wetness, and this was in October about 7 yrs ago. rained than night, and I had more water in the trunk than before.

I picked up a tube of uethane sealer in a caulking tube like the glass guys use. lifted up the edge of the seal and squirted in the goop across the top and down the sides. been dry ever since.

His charge was $150.00, probably more now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

QUOTE<

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmalu
When did Colorado turn into a desert?

Then sprinkle some water on the ground around the car when you get through, and the evaporating moisture will speed up the curing process.

Charlie

Yes, it's quite dry here. Enough that during the summer you can always tell who the tourists are because they'll ask where the lotion is! My first trip out to LA was quite a shock, as I could feel the humidity when I got off the plane. Tokyo's even worse! And no, I've never been to the Deep South, but I've heard stories.

Humidity in Japan? you bet. I was in Yokosuka end on 63 when I was in the Navy, and in a transit barricks on the way to the ship I was assigned to. I do remember the Humidity there.
there are tunnels that were dug through the mountains by hand, could see all the pick marks. was told this was when Japan was preparing for war, and think they went all the way to Tokyo.
we would sit in front on a tunnel, and the cold air blowing out of them was like an air conditioner.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works