View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:13 AM

went ahead to do some cleaning before moving the fan shroud today.. and man do i need to get myself maybe a new oil pan.. hopefully its not as bad as i thought, i have a friend who can jb weld it temporarily.. but i need to get myself the bottom catch tray thingie that protects the pan.

went under and tried to clean as timmyr suggested, was wiping the oil pan over and over and going over it with a toothbrush, the toothbrush turned unusuable after 1 stroke noticed this plug, took it off to clean it, man i swear a whole bucket of sand came out of it

here it is after, well sort of.. i didn't have jack stands or anything and i just put my head under the car, so it was tough to clean but i tried to do what i could.. the wire that goes to it seems all messed up.. oil pressure gauge maybe? sprayed the hell out of it with electrical contact cleaner..

another side to do.. i couldn't reach it though.. and now i have access to a hose hehe my manager hooked me up..

heres my alternator before.. wait you can't even see it

cleaned it to the most i can within reach and its an alternator!!

used the last of my electrical contact cleaner its a little better.. although ill clean it properly after i take it off. (planned to upgrade alternator anyways but i might end up selling the car)

one rusty ass radiator