View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
<- Ryuko of Kill La Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graplr View Post
Is the $3.67 Premium or Regular gasoline? Around here premium is nearly the same cost of diesel currently. Although gas prices fluctuate daily while diesel stays nearly constant.

However doing calculations based upon a few dollars in fuel savings that will take hundreds of thousands of miles to recoup the costs is irrelevant IMHO. Figure out which car you would prefer to own/drive (for reasons other than a marginal difference in fuel costs) and buy that one.
That is the cost of regular gas now. Do the gas cars prefer/require premium? I actually prefer the diesel and it sounds like there are issues with the gas engine's extra complexity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
is there some reason you are skipping the 05? they are lower entry price, is there a reason besides the age?
In this particular case, I need the youngest car for the money. I "have" to spend 20-22k. The goal is to get the best possible car for that amount.

Imagine someone handed you $22k and said "get the best car you can for the money but you have to spend it all and it has to be a late model."

Benz Fleet:
1968 UNIMOG 404.114
1998 E300
2008 E63

Non-Benz Fleet:
1992 Aerostar
1993 MR2
2000 F250