View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:52 PM

Ok, time for an update on this saga and some REAL progress!

I have the Diesel in my garage and have been doing service stuff.
While its up on the ramp, and fluids are draining, I decided to do some investigation work.
I had obtained a working Klima relay, and installed it to no change.

Working thru the FSM, and the first check is that an 1984MY should have battery voltage at the Blue/White wire(red arrow) of the Pressure switch.
I have no voltage, so it says to check the wiring diagram.

I am lucky enough to have recently bought a great tool...
A Powerprobe ECT2000 wire tracer..

Having pluggesd in the unit at the Blue/White wire at the pressure switch, I followed the signal along the harness, under the LH headlamp, up and along the LH inner fender, thru the firewall and into the fusebox area.. and there I found something....
Blue Arrow is the Blue/White wire from the Pressure switch...

And its been cut off and jointed to a white wire... which disapeared under the fusebox.
The original piece of the Blue/White wire is arrowed in red, where it is still connected to the fusebox!

Worked at pulling all the wires off the fusebox...
Now I see the white wire..
It comes down into the underdash area, and is jointed to a Blue/Green wire that looks like it was cut off from somewhere...

The Blue/Green wire is a factory wire, and is bundled with the wires that are going into this plug that is in my hand...

Now, I feel like I made some progress!
My question is this....
This Green/Blue wire that is now connected to the pressure switch...
What the hell was it connected to?
What is also odd, and maybe connected... I have no full beam lights, and also teh Cruise does not work...
Just occured to me that maybe these 2 issues are connected??