View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:16 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
When make an installation of additional wires, it often looks kind of tacky seeing red, blue, green etc... colored wires running various places around the engine bay.

When I have added or changes a wire size etc... like adding the Al-129-X 115 amp alt, or the Electric fan and up grading the Fog lights to 100watt. I purchased some Heat Shrink tubing in 4 ft lengths to slip over the wires. then it isn`t so noticable and looks all factory. also run the wire through the MB Zip ties in the wire bundles and add an additional black Zip tie where needed.

As far as the fuses go. I have seen in 126, 124 and maybe 201`s, in the box the fuses and relays are in, there is a small 2 fuse plug in, has 3 or 4 pins where it pushes in the plug receptical like the Relays do.

On your 123 under the black box on the drivers fender where the 2 relays are, is space for 2 or 3 more plugs. knock out a couple of them at PNP along with 8 inches of pig tail and add these. then your fuses are under cover, and another factory looking install.
Once in a while these fuses will have a small black box lid that snapps on to protect them from the elements. they look about the size of a relay.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works