Thread: W126 vs. W210
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 03:15 AM

But still they dont have an inch on any of the new gen MBs. I have been in the 560SEL with all the options and it is definitely not like the vault W140s or W220s. BMW pumped close to a billion dollars on the new 7 and look what they got. Money invested in design does not mean that it is going to be a great car. Most 300SEs I see for sale are cheaper than similar mileage and year 300Es. Tells you alot. They are old breed of cars, they don't even come close to the technology of the new cars. Take for eg. ABC, Distronic or Electronic Brake Force distribution. But, you might argue that these are all software advances. Then look at the widespread employment of vaccum systems in these cars. My W140 sucking the rear lid down and then sealing the chrome handle, let me see a W126 do that. Or self-leveling rear axle, everyone is familiar seeing the W126 pinning down on its rear tire during acceleration. But, let's get even more basic, compare the W126 steering to the W140 steering. W140 can be turned with one pinky. W126 is a much heavier system.