View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:14 PM

My bad ... I know Tarnex isnt international. Its a liquid (like water) metal cleaner that is sold mostly to clean silver and the like. ~$5 for 12oz here and it works about as good as MEK (methyl ethyl keytone) without the need to be prepared for an EPA attack. Carburetor dip cleaner would be as effective I imagine.

Over years I have learned that there is usually a much less expensive more effective way of doing things on vehicles. Tarnex is one of them. Wood BBQ skewers are another. Ebay and yard sales are two more. I picked up a bag full of line connectors from an aquarium outfit. X's T's 90's Inline along with several gate type valves for about $6 delivered.

One switch must have been the resting place for coke cans. Hadda pry the parts out of the bottom of the switch housing. Actually soaked the switch housing in rubbing alcohol for bout 15 minutes to loosen the gunk up.
1992 940T

"If you dont have time to do it safely, you dont have time to do it"

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."