View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 PM

wierd transmsission leak

i have a 1987 mercedes 300d with about 330k on it. i have been having problems with transmission leaking fluid. i first found the fluid leaking from the rear extended housing, so i changed the gasket and solved the problem. shortly after it started pouring fluid out again and found it to be leaking around the output shaft seal. i changed the rear seal(output shaft) filled the fluid let the vehicle idle with fluid fill and it did not leak. took it for a drive came back home and checked the fluid it wasnt reading on the dipstick. i added a quart and looked underneath the car and it was just pouring out. the rear extended housing should not have alot of pressure to force large amounts of fluid out of that rear seal. could the breather be clogged causing too much pressure internally which in turn would force fluid to find the easist way out which would be that rear seal on the output shaft. i dont know what could cause the fluid to pour out like that. i really need some help with this. any help would be greatly appreciated.