View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
85 300TD

After reading some of the previous posts, I didn't mention I do get that "squish" sound after a few pushes of the prime pump. Seems like once it starts to build pressure, its starts the squish sound. I don't just get a couple bubbles in the filter, it looks like I am blowing bubbles in there!

I drained the tank a couple days ago, cleaned the screen and blew out the supply and return fuel lines yesterday. Put 5 gal of fresh dino in there, bled the injector lines and took it for a spin. I thought for a brief minute that fixed it. But no, on the way back it started to sputter again.

I noticed someone mentioned the crush washer in the prime pump. Is this something NAPA or the like would have?

I planned on going to get a new trans filter and replace that while I am under there, so I could take that crush washer with me when I go.

Oh Graplr, to answer the question about the new tank of fuel under the hood, it was shaking so bad from the engine, I couldn't really tell if I was getting bubbles then.

The PO does have a couple parts cars I could probably get a new (old) IP from. All he asks is to pay him in beer!