View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm a chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
How was this sample taken?
You may have a build up of crud ( metal sludge ) & it contaminated the sample.
I uses my mityvac to suck the oil from the dipstick. I didn't want to change the oil yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
I think I found the Milage; 94,756 miles?

I am not saying this is the issue but if the Car is not being driven every day and it is sitting several days the Oil drains out of the parts. This means when you start the Car it is sort of dry as far as lubrication goes.

Once the Engine is going unless you are doing high speed driving I do not see a wear issue there.

Do you warm up your Engine before you Drive?
The car says 94k but it has a few more than that. It sits for a few days. I drove it last sunday and then I didn't drive it again until yesterday. As far as warmup I let it sit for maybe a minute before I take off. I am sure to be easy on it until its warm and I don't drive too hard on it. I did do a few italian tune ups last sunday as I went into the hill country and could not resist the open roads combined with the hills. Surprisingly I did not suffer poor fuel mileage even though I was flogging it pretty good.

If you guys don't think its an issue i won't worry about it, but the comment made me nervous.
1995 Ford F-150 reg cab 4.9 5speed manual