View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlee View Post
One more question, When I unplugged my OVP on my 87 and started the car, the car ran like s*#t. so I reinstalled it and then it ran fine again. Does this mean , my Tach, A/C, and ABS issues are some other problem?
What else to look for? Haven't been able to find out yet weather or not I have a CPS and What symptoms it causes when one goes faulty.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and advise so far.
Anyone's additional thoughts will still be greatly appreciated.

David Lee Portland Or. USA
87 300D
87 190E 2.3
84 230E Euro
I should have paid closer to your original posting. If your brakes are pulsing, the ABS is powered (indicating the OVP is working for that circuit) and more likely you have a bad sensor or gunked up chopper on one of the wheels. NOTE: When I have a bad sensor, the brakes pulse coming to a stop when the ABS light is OFF. When the ABS light is ON, the brakes NEVER PULSE.
The fact that your idle went to crap when you pulled the relay is also an indicator that the relay coil/contacts are functioning properly. I'm thinking you may have an issue with one pin (corner #87) that I found at least controls the tach. As wireman said in the second post, it may just be a bad solder joint at the pin.

I think I paid less than $20 for a good used OVP on ebay. Even if it doesn't solve THIS problem, having a spare that you can just throw in the glovebox etc. for the future is a good investment IMHO.

'87 300D Anthracite