View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Well, this story has personal significance for me at the moment. I decided to change mounts on the SD due to some ongoing vibration at idle that I didn't fancy. Couldn't get any Lemforders due to stock, so had to settle for "Corteco". Price was equivalent. The real question is whether they will provide any durability as compared to OE.

The point is somewhat moot, however as the current pricing for OE just makes it an easy decision on vehicles of this type. I cannot justify procuring mounts at over $100. each. Even OE mounts don't last forever.

I'd be real curious as to the modification that you performed on the engine shock. That's another item I need to address in the near future. I did purchase the revised mounting kit from the dealer which improves the configuration with a rubber insert installed in the mounting cup.
Some of the internet seller say Corteco is OEM?

What country were the Coreteco Mounts made in?

With the possible Exception of the Power Steering Belt cutting through one of the Oil Cooler Hoses (that I have only read about happening 3 times in 4+ years of reading forum) because they are squashed too much using an off brand Motor Mount does not cause any serious issues.
Apparenlty I have gotten by OK with the URO Motor Mounts that were about $8 when I bought them (still on the Car).
I guess it is also possible that 4 Years ago the URO mounts were made better than they are now.