View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just-n-time View Post
I started with a no start and no fuel pumps, the car was doing fine till we pulled into the carport and shut it down my wife had gone the next morning and it failed to start, turns over with no trouble and has a good rate of spin (not draging).I did not have any fuel pumps so we went to a used mass, thats fine now. then put a new ovp on, durring the no fuel pumps I took the fuel dist. apart and cleaned the inlet fuel line filter, I did this because I had no fuel at the injectors, (I also droped several springs and I am sure they are not back in the exact spot they had been in. Replaced the plugs,cap,rotor and checked the resistance of each. Chain had stretch so I changed it. Was not impressed with the color of spark or the fact that it seamed to fade as cranking was prolonged, so I replaced the coilall with in two week period. The car is a 1991 190E 2.6it has had trouble with hot restarts, but never cold.
Ill bet your problem is the fuel dist, either put it back the way it was or get a used one and see if that helps.