View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_w202 View Post
Interesting, although I spoke with a respected indie, and he says that symptom is not indicative of a maf. His response was, spend weeks trying to figure it out, pay us thousands of dollars to diagnose, or wait until the behavior gets dramatically worse, which it likely will in the future. Basically said consider it a quirk and live with it for now. His initial feeling was a fuel injector. I did just start running 100% gasoline (non-ethanol) 2 tanks ago. Perhaps it has dislodged some gunk in the tank.
How many miles on the MAF? I replaced mine due to drivability issues- car was dropping dead for no reason during operation.

It was as if someone turned the key off. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so and hot start was low idle, hunting all kinds of nastiness for a few seconds.

No codes present. Went through CPS, OVP, different gas from different stations, and then finally gave up and switched the MAF out and all symptoms went away.

Been perfect since.

Frankly, I would just leave it for now until the symptoms get worse and you can repeat them at will- you'll spend all kinds of $$$ at a repair shop chasing this ghost.
1989 Silverado Step Side (under the knife- complete restomod)