View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Thumbs down fuel flooding engine

OK gang here we go with more info on this no start trouble with our 190E 2.6. as I had stated in a post I am having very wet plugs I started out thinking an electrical proublem, IE not enough spark to fire the fuel, so I replaced cap,rotor,plugs,timing chain, to no avail. now then I started chasing electrical values, cps, ovp, mass, potentiometer, EHA, water temp sensor. Well I have gone a step farther in the fuel area, I suffered fuel lock up after testing fuel pressure, now I realize that the pumps are putting out high pressure so I exspected to have some fuel getting into the oil, but I did not exspect to have lock up. This would indicate far more fuel than it should have, getting into the cylenders from the injectors. Farther investigating revield that the intake runers had standing fuel in it. pictures to follow. I had 2 and 1/4 inch of fuel standing in the intake chamber. Now in my thoughts this would mean that I have a masive leek around the center of the fuel chamber (fd) I would like the exsperts to weigh in on this, just to see if I am going in the correct direction.
Attached Thumbnails
1990 190E 2.6 still no start-fuel-distribution-intake-005.jpg   1990 190E 2.6 still no start-fuel-distribution-intake-003.jpg   1990 190E 2.6 still no start-fuel-distribution-intake-001.jpg