View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 PM

That's a pretty nice little reference there. Using that prompts me to mention some things that seem relevant now.

It is not really hard to start after an overnight sit. After it is warm it is just as easy starting as any gasser with no glow plug time needed.
I did find that the turbo wastegate hose was loose yesterday but that was fixed before I took the vids.
It does seem to lack power particularly at low rpm. It's hard to say for sure though since it is inherently kind of like that anyway.

Do y'all agree my smoke is mostly white?
according to that link
Quote:
White Smoke
Normally means that the fuel injected into the cylinder is not burning correctly. The smoke will burn your eyes.
Engine/pump timing out
Fuel starvation to the pump causing the pumps timing not to operate correctly
Low engine compression
Water/petrol in the fuel
in that vein of thinking:
The smoke certainly irritates your throat.
There is always some air in my big goldenrod filter lately that I can't seem to purge. There is a flaw in the threads that could be letting some air in. Could an air leak into the fuel cause this?

What about timing? Is investigating the timing chain or pump timing my next step?