View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Lebenz's Avatar
Lebenz Lebenz is offline
backwoods member
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the fog
Posts: 2,862
Lightbulb Double Late with foam for Orson...!

About 85% of what goes into a paint job is prep work. The other 15% is the actual spraying and some finish up work. For $4000, believe it or not, you are not going to get an excellent job. You will get a good to very good job.

If you’re gonna keep the car, and it is worth it to have it painted (you can always send one of your kids to community college for a term or so to make up the difference), go for it. On the other hand, if you are like me and care less for the looks than the ride quality, spend the cash on suspension and other improvements and enjoy the enhanced individuality that is a old Benz....

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"
Reply With Quote