View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM
89 Mercedes 300e,190 000k

Bleeding w124 abs unit PLEASE help!! Thanks ahead of time

Hey guys, looking for some help here. I have a 1989 Mercedes 300E (W124). The car has been sitting on the side of my house for almost two years. I replaced a brake line awhile back and ran into problem after problem. Anyways... here's the dilemma. I took out the master cylinder and replaced a line that went from the master cylinder to the ABS unit. I paid a guy to torch 3 of the bleeder valves because i learned the hard way and sheered one of them off. The car is all back together and sitting on blocks. I'm having trouble bleeding the system. For one thing when I start the car the idle sky rockets and won't level down (Vacuum leak? Yeah but where and why? It didn't do it before i attempted to bleed the system). Now the main problem is I don't have any brake fluid at any of the calipers!! I pumped the brakes and even used a manual vacuum pump but still nothing. The master cylinder reservoir won't go down. So I'm convinced that there are several or a large air pocket in the ABS unit. I don't know what to do, and it's tough finding the answers online. Right now I cracked all the bleeder valves and opened the lid to the MC and doing a "Gravity bleed". Read it online..... But yet the MC level still hasn't changed. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks