View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
the color on his car is not one I've seen before, it's not the typical Ivory, it's got a more vanilla hue. the car REALLY stands out!

In NM, I DEFINITELY recommend this treatment! and verify your aux fan works, and make sure you have good fresh charge of R12 like I put in his car!
My process for cleaning the two radiators, (a/c and Coolant) were first to pull the aux fan, and the right side bar, then drain the coolant, and disconnect the transmission cooler. I set the radiator next to a tree, and soaked it in a non acid coil cleaning bath, then sprayed the same chemical on the condenser. both foamed up nicely, and after it pushed all the dirt off the coils, I rinsed with a good solid amount of water. I then pulled the block drain, and flushed the cooling system with the hose, through the heater core, then I blew out the heater core with compressed air, and when the block stopped spitting water, I put the plug back in and flushed and back flushed the coolant passages of the radiator. reassembled everything and filled with a nice mix of Zerex G05 and distilled water.
THanks for the info, it's actually on my 95, the fans do work and it has factory 134a with working AC, but I do think a little cleaning of the radiator's exterior would give it some new life, I was amazed at the dust and just general junk clinging to the old fan clutch and fan that you can't really see from up top, there must have been a pound of road dust and bugs packed into just the clutch.

It sounds like I really should have done that before my coolant flush last month, I may wait until next spring, but we'll see how ambitious I feel in a few weeks when I have vacation.