View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry123400 View Post
In effect you have also in effect advanced the timing I suspect. The injectors would pop off earlier I believe with your adjustments. The newer noise might be a reflection of this. Of course I am not positive. .

It was mentioned by a poster to use the same glow plug for the test. You have to in one way or another use some form of a known glow plugs for the millivolt test.

The issue is milli volt testing will only work well if good consideration is given to many factors. The tendency for many is to take short cuts unfortunatly.

It technically is labour intensive. Well at least more so than many have practiced. .By the same token it can work fairly well if applied properly.

As mentioned the old position is clear on at least one element. Setting that element back to its previous position provideds the refference for all the others. When you are finished if done properly your injection pump will be calibrated to your individual engine. If more than one previouis position is obvious. Set one back then voltagewise watch what occurs when you move another back to its previous position. The two voltages should become very simular. That is your proof if you are doing everything right.

Remember older glow plugs may or may not have simular output voltages for the same thermal temperature in the cylinder. That is your fly in the ointment that must be dealt with. Other than that it should be almost a piece of cake. You never do this on an injection pump without establishing that there might be some other factor or factors causing a difference like a marginal injector first. Your case is completely different. I actually have been waiting for someone to do what you have done...Someone had to be first. I my mind it is really no big deal to restore everything back to some sembalance of what was if you pay attention to details.
The Shims that go between the Elements and the Fuel Injection Pump Housing were used the set the Timing (the begin injection for each Element).