View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
The Shims that go between the Elements and the Fuel Injection Pump Housing were used the set the Timing (the begin injection for each Element).
So the lateral adjustments are for fuel volume only with no interaction on timing? Only increasing fuel amount or volume after the pop off pressure? That is when he tweaked them in the direction he did? I did not realise there was no interaction at all or at least a little.

It is quite possible from what you say though. Especially since you worked on these injection pumps. It was observed quite some time ago that the voltage or temperature could be lowered or increased by using this adjustment.

What I assumed and assumptions are always dangerous. Was that some engines exhibiting a kind of pronounced knock on one cylinder. Simular in description to what one would expect with an advanced element.

Seemed to consistantly lose the symtom once the voltage on that cylinder was brought into line voltagewise. Reflecting then that it was running at the same temperature as the others. Most of the participants back then had rebuilt their injectors and many other things before arriving at the end of their rope. It never failed to amaze me that in the highest percentage of the cases it eliminated the obvious proble.

I still preffer personally that nobody go here usually unless all other possibilities have been eliminated. This current case is an exceptional one in my opinion. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. It never failed to amaze me that in the vast majority of cases the members where sucessful at eliminating their complaint.

Last edited by barry123400; 05-24-2012 at 06:21 PM.