View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:15 PM

Army
Yep its a turbo. I didn't realize 300sd came in any other flavor.
Brian C did weigh in early in the thread with thoughts that it is either oil or coolant before I got sidetracked on this timing measurement thing that has that I have kind of stalled out on.
From your link regarding cam numbers that one guy replied to you.
Quote:
by jt20 - Type 11 Replacement cam for type 05, main type "Late" so, it appears the #11 is a later casting and not mentioned in the outdated fsm
Wagnerwerks
by check the downpipe I reckin you mean unbolt the exhaust and look for oil in the first section coming off the turbo?
Ill take another look at the play in the intake side of the turbo and see if I can better quantify how much play is in it.

Funola
interestingly enough the smoke started in November at the same time I stopped blending in alt fuel for the year (I run 100% dino D in the cold months). I had initially thought that I was suffering from bad fuel at the pump.
There is a little crack at the top of the mating surface of the goldenrod spin on filter. I don't know if is sucking air and if that could cause smoke like this but Ill post a pic of that up in case it is relevant.