View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM

1972 250 Cpe water leaks?

Hi. I've just joined with an odd, customized '72 250 coupe. It was modified and built by a guy in San Francisco. I live in NH and we're getting ready to take it out.

When I got it, we were told the rear windshield gasket needed to be replaced -- that was why we had water leak in the trunk. Got the gasket off ebay, then vehicle sat in garage over winter. When we got around to thinking about getting it on the road, took car & gasket to Window World. They pulled the rear window out but it turned out we were sent a gasket for the 250 sedan, not the 250 coupe, so we had to order the correct gasket from Mercedes.

After getting teh gasket & window back in, there was still a leak coming into the right side of the trunk. Took it back to Window World. They checked it out -- said the leak wasn't from the rear but from the stripes on the pagoda roof. .

Washing the car today, notice water in not only the trunk, but also the front passenger foot area.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it the window gaskets? Got any ideas on how to fix the leak?