View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:44 PM

1991 190E 2.6 - battery drain

Hello all. Sorry, another battery drain issue. I've already gone through the forum and net searching for similar issue and found some really good one but none helped my cause.

My battery is 9mos old. Battery ran out of juice 3 days ago. I was able to jump start it and following day, it died again. When I say died, not enough power to light interior or cluster lights.

I had autozone checked the battery and they found it ok. It charged for about 30 minutes and it did not discharged. They also checked my alternator and found to be operating normally.

When I got home, I disconnected the negative cable and left it over night. Following day, I connected the cable and was able to start the car. So, it held its charge while not connected overnight.

I connected an analog ammeter between the battery negative post and ground cable. I set the meter to 500ma and check drain, it would peg the meter. So I set the meter to 50V and now it display a safe 75mA without pegging the meter. So let's start with that, 75mA more or less.

What I did so far:
I removed all fuse and relays and connectors I could find under the hood and the drain did not drop. When I say "all", I literally mean it. I removed all fuse from the fuse box at once, drain didn't drop. I removed all relays; OVP, and other relays that are under cover, drain didn't drop.

I removed cables from alternator, drain didn't drop.

I removed power from antenna, radio, power vacuum(under the rear seat), power from the component under the mat(passenger side), drain didn't drop.

I removed every connector that looks like can be disconnected, drain didn't drop.

What is it!

Help?

Last edited by javelin; 05-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.