View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:40 PM

Modifying the OM617 300SD

First off: I know this topic has been beat to death over the years and I have read up alot of the tech specs but here are my .02s.

My '84 300SD is up for a turbo replacement (seriously excessive play) and at this time I will do the intake manifold install for intercooler modification as well as a Garrett T3 hybrid turbo with Spec adjustable 18psi Internal WG. (Currently she's running an Alda deleted stock injector pump, CAI, side exhaust).. I have an "M" pump from a parted 300D euro car.

My Question is: Will this add any type of HP/fueling gains left alone (stock "M" pump? Is it worth the effort? I know the stock injector pump has a rack limiter which needs to be removed (so I'm told) to get more fueling and gains but I have heard and read of bad situations with adjusting the internals). I have been told with the M pump, it doesn't have a rack limiter, and I have heard of element replacement to 7.5mm??; but there is no one who will modify these things in the Tri state (NY,NJ,CT) that I have found and I'm not willing to send it overseas.. What about Bosio 265 nozzles? +/-? I just don't want to stick the new turbo and not gain a thing..

I know the OM617 is limited to power modifications without some serious dosh. I'm not expecting 300hp but since she needs repairs already. I would like to modifiy it accoringly.

Post of PM me..

Anyone's information could greatly help me here.

MB roster
'85 500SE euro Ratrod
'92 500E's x2 / '94 E500 stored
'91 560SEC w/43K stored
'92 Cabby 16V OE 2.1 AutoX car
JDM RHD cars now.