View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillytwotank View Post
I see.. You need just the sender. I need just a readout gauge for mine.. My sender is fine.

From my experience the oil temp gauge is kinda unnecessary. First, it doesnt give an accurate measurement of the oil temp unless there is oil FLOWING through the sender ( in-line Tee configuration). Second, there is no way, in my configuration to have oil flowing through the sender without switching the fuel supply to the engine. Whats the point of having a gauge to tell you if the oil is hot enough to switch if it can't tell you how hot it is until you switch? for manual switching it wasn't long before i knew how long it would take for the oil to heat and be ready to switch without the temp gauge.

I understand that you are wanting to use the "co-pilot" that automatically switches and all of that. just be aware of that flow problem.

Long story short... I'll entertain an offer for The GC temp sender tee.
That's quite interesting since the copilot is designed to switch the to WVO once it reaches the desired temp. You're saying that temp is artificially high (because of lack of circulation) or is it low? The only solution for that would be a return line to the tank so it flows constantly..(obviously a pump as well). No way I am doing that now, but possibly in the future.

I probably don't need this specific one in all reality since I can run it on manual mode if I like, however I wanted the option of having it automatic.

Sort of a side note but I am planning on setting up an Arduino and LCD with several temperature sensors throughout the system so I can keep track of everything in one small place. This way I can find any problem areas during the summer, and more importantly the winter.

I would definitely be interested in your sender. I am not sure if they are the same. I believe I asked greasecar and they said the two are different. Would you be able to check it and let me know the identification numbers(probably letters too) off the side of the actual sender?

I already have the water sender w/ tee, and I have a gut feeling they are the same model for both..so if it matches let me know what you'd let it go for. You can PM if you'd like.

Thanks a bunch