View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM

WD40 as additive...

Hi all,
A wee while ago I open the boot and there in it, a small bottle of WD40 was lurking at me...
I had a mad idea, see what would happen if I squirt some WD40 into the tank...
I filled up the beast with a little more then 4 litres of diesel, 40 litres of WWO and about a 5 seconds squirt of WD40...
All this in the tank, went to alot of the bumps we have here to mix it up, then the car started to be a little more responsive to the throttle? Notmuch, but defenitly there were some improvement.
The next day I took it for a ride on the highway. Prior the WD40 I had some hesitation under load for a period of time and defenitly hesitations at high revs, passing 4200.
Strangely, since the WD40 squirt, this has disseapered... There is no more hesitations... That was odd ...
Prior this I was thinking of doing the lift pump as the car was studdering, but now its all good? WD40 cured the studder
I still think I need to do the lift pump as its old, but this amazed me how a wee squirt of WD40 does the trick too.
Don't ask me how as I haven't a clue, but it certainly does something
Hope this can help anyone
Olivier
Second Merc died due to corrosion ( NOT rust) How can mercedes get away with that for so long?
Third lasted a month then went away...
Fourth now... Corroded too...